Mastering Studio Lighting
25th April 2022
The photography studio is one of the most creative and versatile places to create images: from family portraits and intimate fine art to creative headshots and personal branding.
It can be daunting getting your head around the techniques and technology getting the most out of the studio, so in this intensive all-day masterclass, we work through everything you need to create incredible portraits.
Paul has won MPA Portrait Photographer Of The Year numerous times so you are in good hands!
Starting with the fundamentals of studio lighting and how it behaves when creating photographs, we will work through the following:
- The fundamentals of studio lighting
- Understanding the camera and how to set it for strobe photography
- Studio lighting modifiers and their impact on an image
- Lighting the face and figure
- Single-light portraiture (the simplest and most effective of all lighting patterns)
- Multiple-light portraiture, from two, three and four-light configurations
- Use reflectors and subtractors to add class to your images
- Using continuous light (and the difference to using strobes)
- Posing and guiding your subject to get the best out of them
- Lunch will be provided (along with limitless tea and coffee!)
The number of attendees is strictly limited in this workshop, ensuring everyone plenty of hands-on time with the studio, the lights and the models. This is a hands-on day rather than a desk-based masterclass.
25th April 2022
Paul Wilkinson Photography Studio, Haddenham, UK HP17 8ER
£295.00 inc. VAT
The price includes all tuition and lunch.